Perfect Part Time Work For Pet Lovers!
If interested in a position, please read ALL of this information carefully! Serious inquiries only.
About Sit n' Stay
We are a full service in-home pet sitting company with over 1200 clients in the Western New York area. We provide three types of service:
- In-home pet sitting: for clients on vacation, we visit their home 1-4 times per day to walk and feed their pets.
- Midday dog walking: one visit in the middle of the day, Monday through Friday, to visit and walk dogs while their owners are at work.
- Overnight stays: an extension of in-home pet sitting. We stay overnight in the client’s home with pets whose owners don’t want them alone overnight.
Are you looking for a job that will be fun, rewarding, and put extra money in your pocket? Pet sitting might be right for you. But it takes much more than a love of animals to be a pet sitter for Sit n' Stay!
Our sitters are reliable, dependable, and are able to see a project through to completion. Our clients rely on us to care for their pets and home when they can’t be there, and we must hire sitters who take this job seriously.
If you LOVE animals, desire to spend time with them, and want to make some extra money in the process, this might be the job for you. Candidates must commit to a minimum of six months employment; if you are anticipating a move out of the area, are planning to go back to school or will be seeking a full time job soon, this is NOT the job for you. We want sitters committed to the job, who see it as a long-term option for income.
Because we work when our clients need us, we do not offer typical job “shifts”. You will not be working a 4-8 hour shift on set days. You will perform 30 minute visits as designated by each client, and thus you must be available when the client needs. We cannot offer a set number of hours per week. Minimum availability is listed below each job description below.
We service most of the Western New York area. When a new client calls, we decide which sitter would be most appropriate for the job, and assign the job them. If that ends up being you, then- you become their ongoing sitter, and you will be called each time they rebook. With midday dog walking clients, we try keep you in a 10-15 mile radius from your home, and you will visit the same clients in your route.
**YOU MUST LIVE IN OR NEAR THE AREA WE NEED SERVICE.
Sit n' Stay Pet Services, Inc. is currently hiring for the following part time positions
Please Note: all positions have these requirements:
- You have an insured and reliable car and a valid driver’s license.
- You can pass a criminal background check and reference checks.
- You have home internet access, a cell phone and a printer.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You can commit to working with Sit ‘n Stay for at least the next 6 months.
♥ OVERNIGHT PET SITTERS
Apply if you are able to spend the night in the clients home with their pets. Most of the overnight visits are in Erie & Niagara Counties.
Requirements for the overnight pet sitter position:
- You absolutely love animals (all kinds!) and know how to care for them properly.
- You can make at least a six-month commitment to working with Sit n' Stay and you are available for both short and long term sits (short term: 1 or 2 nights at a time, long term: up to 3 weeks at a time).
- You are neat, tidy and respectful in the client’s home.
- Available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be available for consecutive days for overnight visits. Having a day job does not disqualify you, we can normally work around that.
♥ MID-DAY DOG WALKERS
Walkers needed throughout Erie & Niagara Counties.
Please note: This is a very part-time, “supplemental income” type of job to start (2-5 walks per week with more walks possible as business increases).
Requirements for the mid-day dog walking position:
- You must be available between the midday hours of 10am-3pm Monday thru Friday.
- You LOVE dogs and are familiar with at least several collar and harness types.
- You live within Erie or Niagara Counties (and within the area we are in need).
♥ AM/PM VACATION PET SITTER FOR DOGS, CATS AND SMALL ANIMALS
Pet Sitters needed throughout Erie & Niagara Counties. Visits are 30 minutes in length. Visits are 1-4 times per day for both short and long durations (durations vary - 1 or 2 days up to 3 weeks or more). Visits for dogs for morning are 6-9am, midday visits vary from Noon-5pm and evening are 7-10pm. Cat and small animal visits are usually more flexible. Please note: This is a very part-time, “supplemental income” type of job to start (assignments will be given as work is available- some weeks there may be no work at all).
Requirements for the pet sitter position:
- You love all kinds, types and sizes of animals.
- You live in Erie or Niagara Counties and the area in which we need services (if you live elsewhere the commute will be too much.)
- You are available for both morning and evening visits every day of the week.
- Available to work holidays and weekends.
*Please understand that if you have availability on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday only this is not the job for you. Pets need to be taken care of every day of the week! Thank you.
The Ideal Candidate:
- has flexibility in their schedule
- does not require steady work- some weeks will be busy, some weeks there may not be anything in your area
- is comfortable around all types, sizes and breeds of dogs
- has the physical ability to get down on the floor with the pets, walk them and exercise them
Our pet sitters must have: great organization skills, the ability to work independently, good time management skills, good communication skills and be able to drive and walk in all kinds of weather conditions.
If you have children they will not be allowed to accompany you on visits. There are no exceptions. In addition, family, friends, and personal owned pets are also not allowed to accompany you on visits.
Thank you for your interest. Click here to apply. Either in your application or in a separate email (sent to Employment@SitnStayPetServices.com), tell us about your animal experience, your experience giving medications and any other information that would be helpful in considering you.
Please DO NOT send us your resume without sending your application. We will only be considering candidates who fill out an employment application packet.
**PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT EMPLOYMENT.**